5 Ways to Motivate your Direct Sales Team
If you manage a direct sales team, you won’t need to be reminded of the important of motivation, as this is what drives people to achieve their sales targets when they are out in the field. Of course, there are many ways that you can boost the resolve of your direct sales team and here are just a few.
- Team Celebration – Choose one of the top work resorts in Pattaya and book a sales target celebration party, which will motivate everyone to continue with the good work. You can give away cash prizes to the top people and that will inspire those who just missed their sales targets. If you pick up the tab, this will certainly be appreciated by all and the extra commission you make should more than cover this monthly event.
- Top dollar prizes – Everyone loves good old dollars for some extra sales motivation, which is why most sales managers offer cash bonuses for sale competition winners. Calculate what you can afford to invest in cash bonuses and the sight of those bundles of cash is all the motivation your sales team need.
- Match people against each other – You can draw the names from a hat to determine who plays who, with the loser paying for dinner. This really does bring out the competitiveness in people and it is important to pair salespeople with similar sales figures, making sure that winning is doable.
- Lead by example – If you, the sales manager, have not been out in the field for some time, your motivation efforts might fall upon deaf ears. If, on the other hand, you are outselling everyone, your team will listen to what you have to say. Some top managers are where they are because they are always at the top of the monthly sales list; leading by example usually gets the best out of others.
- Review closing techniques – It might be that a salesperson is trying very hard, yet if they have a poor closing technique, this will be reflected in their monthly figures. Hold a workshop and invite top trainers who will hone your team’s closing techniques.
It can be tough to consistently put in high sales figures month in, month out and we think that the above tips can help you to light a fire under your direct sales team and you can smash your previous best ever month.